Monday, May 17, 2010

Thus the prologue begins.

Here I begin my running "prologue." Although I seem to have no problem spacing out and thinking about absolutely nothing (and to those of you that say that's impossible to do, I give you living proof), I also frequently find myself caught in a running dialogue in my head dealing with various musings and pointless thoughts. I don't know if this is normal. It probably isn't, but I don't really care seeing as I often find myself quite entertained by them. So why then, you might ask, the word choice of "prologue?" Despite these random ideas and sometimes shallow thoughts I encounter, this choosing of vocabulary goes slightly deeper. The choices I make today, the thoughts I think now, the actions I undertake here, are a precursor to what will come--a prologue for tomorrow. Shakespeare writes in The Tempest, "What is past is prologue." My past has helped shape me into who I am in the present I am living, and this present will shape me into who I am in the future. Everyday is an introduction to tomorrow. Everyday gives something new to stem from,--a new experience, another mistake made, a lesson learned, a celebration to be had, and many more idle thoughts created. So past, present, and future, I give you my prologue...

5 comments:

Ande said...

A) Awesome introduction to your new blog.

B) Both of our blog titles stem from Shakespeare. How cool are we?

C) I'm excited to hear your random thoughts. They make me happy.

D) Come home.

E) Now.

Rebecca said...

So is that what happens when I see you dazing off?! I like the celebrations to be had part of life you mentioned. Let's celebrate today Ellie!

Papa Beaver said...

Wow. Nice foundation for your blog. Cant wait to see you! 9 days?!
Poppa Beaver

Kelsey and Jon Edwards said...

I like it.
I love it.
Love you.
Excellent quote from our old friend Shakespeare.
Beautiful Introduction my friend I felt as if the big red curtains parted revealing the wonderful play of your thoughts. I'm excited to watch.

lanita said...

It's too bad I had to hear about your insightful, new blog through Mom. I'll let you off the hook this once. :) I am also very excited to hear about the random thoughts of Michelle Nelson.