Saturday, November 13, 2010

Turns out I'm a sucker for pumpkin

I love fall. Fall means pumpkin. Anything pumpkin is delicious. I love pumpkin, and I overdosed on pumpkin this week--from breakfast to dessert, and everything in between. I had it all, and I loved every last heavenly bite.

My craving pumpkin week started out with making pumpkin pancakes. It was no let-down.

2 c. flour
3 tbl. brown sugar
1 tbl. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3/4 c. milk
3 eggs
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1/4 c. oil

Combine dry ingredients. In 2nd bowl combine remaining ingredients. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until slightly lumpy.

A day or two later, I thoroughly enjoyed pumpkin and sausage pasta. It hit the spot on every level.

Hitting the end of the week, I still had pumpkin left, so I ventured into realms of unknown recipes and made pumpkin blondies, only with butterscotch chips instead of white chocolate chips. The new recipe was far from a disappointment. I hit success.

In between I had tastes of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and "pumpkin jems," which interprates to be something about a pumpkin muffin with some kind of cream cheese filling in the middle. Slightly mysterious, yet definitely scrumptious.

In my perusings, I restocked my pumpkin recipe inventory. I found a recipe for pumpkin nutella swirl bread. There's also always the options of pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin oatmeal, the original pumpkin pie (Thanksgiving is just right around the corner), pumpkin roll, pumpkin chili, pumpkin hot chocolate, pumpkin anything and everything! Bring it on! It seems I ran out of pumpkin though. Oh dear.

3 comments:

Mama Tales said...

We've hit the pumpkin patch ourselves this past week. Pumpkin roll and pumpkin bread....yum! I haven't been as adventuresome as you, but you DO INSPIRE ME!

Rebecca said...

Tonight I baked a 'quick and easy' pumpkin cheesecake you do in a blender. It'll cool until tomorrow. It's got bisquick in it...so I'm not sure how promising it will be. But worth the adventure. And definitely worth having the pumpkin smell perfused through my house. There's a slice with your name on it (if it proves worthy of the title cheesecake). We'll be in touch. I can see pumpkin pancakes in my future! I love your blog posts!

lanita said...

Huh. I had now idea about your pumpkin fetish. You learn something new everyday.