Sunday, July 3, 2011

As promised.

There was a point in time in which I found a certain level of charm in this house I live in. Why else would I have moved in? I didn't recognize the deception in the lure of the charm in which it uses to draw people in.

The first thing I notice upon first pulling up to move in: Weird green chair sitting out front. Much to my dismay, it wasn't temporary. It's still there, almost a year later looking very old, weathered, and germ infested.


The next thing that assaults me as I walk in: It's alright, I can pretend like this is cool and retro.

Those are lights. Pink and purple ones.
I turn around and alas! Cute dress hanging on the wall! And it still hangs on the wall!



Back to my room: Those are glow in the dark stars somebody painted over rather than just take them off. Classy, or just trashy? I've pretended long enough.The kitchen contains this nice ever growing collection of yarn art from D.I. It's all made from yarn, like from the 70s, and this is just one wall.


And in case you needed a closer glance at the wallpaper, voi-la. Flower power anyone?


A few months later, this head shows up, and never leaves.

As all of these treasures pile up in this little house, I learn to quit asking questions. Whatever, I can deal with some eccentric decor, but meanwhile, the house begins to crumble. Literally. And this is where my tolerance begins to disintegrate as well.

Cause and effect: a leak in the roof leads to a bowing effect in the ceiling, which leads to crumbling plaster to the floor, complete with mold and other living cultures.

Electrical problems. One of them being the front porch light literally exploding every time we try to put in a new light bulb. Makes for a very dark entrance when coming home at night. Very dark indeed.

Our food is taped into our refrigerator. If that's not the height of ghetto, I don't know what is.





This is only the beginning. I would say come see for yourself, but please don't. I'm highly embarrassed of this house with the growing piles of filth and scum due to the nonfunctional vacuum cleaner and broken dishwasher. Mysterious and very legal looking mail comes for our landlord that lead us to wonder when this nonsensical house is going to foreclose. Let's just say the "charm" has worn off, mostly replaced with pure repulsiveness. Especially ever since the new ant tenants have moved in. My contract can't end soon enough.

3 comments:

Mama Tales said...

Well....what can I say..."I'M GLAD YOU ARE MOVING!!!!"

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Michelle. Ick. You can come live with me! It's a lengthy commute but it beats yarn art.

lanita said...

Wow. That's it. That's all I've got.