Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm a...country girl?

My parents moved. I live in the country now. I've never lived in the country before. The next door neighbor is a Farmer Joe's field. Accross the street, a crop circle. I can't make heads or tails of which endless country road I'm on. My initial thought at seeing Road N: They forgot the rest of the street name. My ears strain from the lack of noise. I find myself on edge outside at night in the absence of city lights--complete darkness. A dog will never be my best friend. Bugs make me uneasy. I still can't bring myself to get close enough to kill a spider. I don't know how to drive a stick shift. I'm no country girl.

I can at least find my way to and from the new house. I couldn't care less about breaking a nail. I like to drive with the windows rolled down. I at least know the crop in our backyard is wheat. I'm no country girl, but it's a start.

There's the wheat. This I know.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Clarification: I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't like living in the country, I just find it ironic that I live in it now, as you can see why. Just so you know :)

Unknown said...

Everybody gets to start somewhere. Welcome Home. Love Ya!! Your Country born and raised Aunt Anita

Kelsey and Jon Edwards said...

Michelley! You are a Country Girl! As much as I may dislike change I do think it's pretty fun that you have a whole new house. I'm looking forward to playing mario party, eating licorice/popcorn together, and drinking milk at every dinner in your new house.

rachel said...

Michelle, you make me laugh!